Helping you use buildings insurance for sewage treatment system repairs
When an unexpected problem arises with drainage, storage and sewage systems, it can be a worrying time, especially if finances are tight. However, it is possible to significantly lower the cost of repairing and replacing sewerage treatment systems by claiming them on your home buildings insurance.
At Proseptic, we realise claiming on your buildings insurance can be a daunting prospect. Therefore, we have included everything you need to know about claiming septic systems repairs and replacements on your building insurance below.
Call us for a no obligation quote
Buildings Insurance FAQs
How can Proseptic help with buildings insurance?
At Proseptic, we are continuously working to ensure that our customer service standards are above and beyond your expectations. A part of this includes thinking outside of the box – i.e. beyond the diagnostics, repairs and replacement of sewerage systems.
We have worked hard to create a dynamic relationship with UKDP, a leading claims management company known for their expertise in managing damaged drainage system insurance claims, including septic tanks, sewage treatment plants and cesspits. UKDP are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Their main aim is to remove the stress and confusion for property owners – managing everything regarding their claim, from registering the claim through to meeting insurers and answering any technical queries that might arise.
By working closely with UKDP to provide information regarding the damage observed, UKDP can then present a detailed report to insurers. A member of our joint team will be on hand to:
• Attend and assist any visits to your property by insurers.
• Answer any technical questions which may arise.
• Once the claim is agreed, the Proseptic team will be able to book in the agreed works to get your property’s drainage system back to full working order at no cost to you.
How much does the service cost?
The only cost to you, if your claim is successful, is any excess due on your policy. You should check your policy documents, but this is typically around £50-£150. If your claim is not successful, there is no cost at all.
Proseptic covers UKDP’s fees as an extra service to our customers.
If you are experiencing problems with your property’s drainage system, we will visit to find out more about the issue. Then, if we find that there is damage to the system which we feel may be covered by your buildings insurance, we can offer you the option of completing a simple form and questionnaire which would enable ourselves and UKDP to work on your behalf.
What does household buildings insurance cover?
Generally speaking, if your drainage system, septic tank or sewerage treatment plant has been regularly emptied and maintained – previously functioning without issue but suddenly appearing to have encountered an issue, it is likely that, through working with UKDP, your household building insurance will cover the necessary repairs or replacements.
The following types of damage to a drainage system are typically covered by buildings insurance policies:
• Root damage to a soakaway.
• Root damage to connecting pipework or tanks.
• Cracks or fractures in pipes and tanks affecting their structure.
• Broken dip pipes or t-pipes on outlet.
• Collapsed or damaged baffle.
• Tanks that have moved by ground pressure or flooding.
• Damage to tanks by vehicle movement.
Benefits of Proseptic
No obligation buildings insurance advice
- Please get in touch if you are have any questions about sewage treatment repairs through your buildings insurance. Our friendly, expert team are always happy to share our expertise to help you make the right decisions.
Fitted by expert engineers
- Septic tank surveys, inspections, installations and on-going maintenance are carried out by our team of highly experienced engineers. We pride ourselves on our customer service which is why most of our work actually comes from client referrals.
What you can expect from Proseptic
- Our customers are more than a sales opportunity. We want your sewage treatment system to work for you. Therefore, we deliver all septic tank insurance surveys and any system installations with longevity, quality and efficiency with minimal hassle.
- We endeavour to explain all sewage treatment options to you. Therefore you can feel confident and make an informed decision, armed with all the information available.