Home Septic Tank Surveys for New Home Buyers
Buying a new home is a huge decision and many factors can hold new buyers back from buying their dream house. With our home buyers drainage surveys we want to make sure that non-mains sewage treatment systems are not one of them.
Call us for a no obligation quote
Why Do I Need A Home Buyers Drainage Survey?
Drainage inspections are not usually included in your average pre-purchase property surveys. Therefore, you will need to conduct your own drainage survey to unearth any issues. This is vital as you don’t want to exchange and then discover you’ve been left with a mess, literally!
Pre-purchase surveys are often useful when it comes to home insurance. If drainage problems are only mentioned at a later date, insurance companies can be reluctant to cover you. Conducting a drainage survey before purchasing however ensures you can pass all the relevant factors over to insurance companies when taking out a policy.
The Benefits Of A Pre-Purchase Drainage Survey
First things first, home buyers drainage surveys help to take the stress out of buying a property with a septic tank. But, this doesn’t just go for buyers. Most sellers are more than happy for you to conduct a pre-purchase drain survey to ensure a swifter sale of their property.
A pre-purchase drain survey will also typically tell you all you need to know about your drainage system, including:
- What type of drainage system is installed at the property
- How old the septic system is
- The condition of the sewage treatment system
- Any potential drainage problems
Therefore, before you exchange, you know the type and condition of drainage system you are inheriting and can then account for the cost and maintenance.
If there are any drainage problems, these can be identified at a pre-purchase survey. From here, they can be resolved by the current owners, meaning you don’t inherit any nasty surprises or costly septic tank repairs.
How Are Home Buyers Drainage Surveys Conducted?
Don’t worry, we won’t be going ahead and digging up the garden of your dream home to conduct home buyers drainage surveys. Instead, we use the latest state of the art CCTV equipment to conduct a pre-purchase drain survey.
CCTV drain surveys ensure we can get into the depths of your drains and pipes without digging the whole system up. This means we won’t miss a drainage problem and won’t damage the property, garden or drainage system: win-win!
Using CCTV footage is also very useful in circumstances where multiple parties are involved, such as a property sale. We can record and replay the footage to the current homeowners, prospective buyers, and any insurers or solicitors involved to avoid disputes and ensure the problem is fully resolved.
Pre-Purchase Drainage Survey FAQs
Benefits of Proseptic
No obligation home buyer’s drainage surveys advice
- If you are have any questions about home buyer’s drainage surveys please get in touch. Our friendly, expert team are always happy to share our expertise to help you make the right decisions.
Fitted by expert engineers
- Septic tank surveys, inspections, installations and on-going maintenance are carried out by our team of highly experienced engineers. We pride ourselves on our customer service which is why most of our work actually comes from client referrals.
What you can expect from Proseptic
- Our customers are more than a sales opportunity. We want your sewage treatment system to work for you. Therefore, we deliver all home buyer’s drainage surveys with longevity, quality and efficiency with minimal hassle.
- We endeavour to explain all sewage treatment options to you. Therefore you can feel confident and make an informed decision, armed with all the information available.